Xtreme Simon has now been released!
The website is http://www.xtremesimon.com/ where it can be played online..
It can also be downloaded from the android market at:
Xtreme Simon is built for multiple platforms and is an abstract 3D first-person puzzle game using light, sound and colour to create a strong atmosphere and to produce an interesting new type of game play. The main concept of the game is to create a fast paced environment of colour and sound for the user to interact with.
The chosen development environment is Unity3D. Unity3D is designed for game development and is very easy to create prototypes in and very easy communicate ideas and show practical approaches. The other advantage of using this development environment is that it is easy to export to multiple platforms as Unity is built with compilers for iPhone, Android, Web, PC and Mac. This leaves us with multiple release platforms without having to entirely recode the game for each platform.
The games atmosphere could be comparably similar to the film Cube (1997). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKfVO56EMs
The games challenges can be quickly conveyed using a reference such as the color and sound game ‘simon says’.
As we are using Unity3D our only limitations is the Unity3D development environments limitations as knowledge can always be learned. The only other factor we may be limited by is the HSB colourspace. Fig 1. Has an example of the HSB colourspace which we can only manipulate using the senses the human species has. (hearing and touch).
Get In touch!
- Playing Fritzing and arduino. 2 push buttons and 2 LEDs with a basic arduino script.
- I dont want to use office365 thanks goldsmiths.
- How to create an Android application and submit it to the market pdf guide.
- Xtreme Simon – A multiplatform Memory/Concentration game!
- Processing Tutorial 7 – Android accelerometer and you
- Long cat the game
- Processing Tutorial 6 – Android Processing Basics and 3D texturing
- Biography and Contact Information
- OpenFrameworks Research
- Jump ‘n’ tilt
- E1 Android App
- creating a signed app using the processing export
- Installing and Compiling Ant
- Processing Tutorial 5 – Basic 3D
- Processing Tutorial 4 – lets create something useful
- Processing Tutorial 3 – Using Methods
- Worlds first Bionic arm
- Processing Tutorial 2 – Basic Shapes
- Processing Tutorial 1 – Getting to know Processing
- Sounds generative walls.
- ROK Android App
- Blob the Defender Alpha v0.0001
- Dance Projection Lights.
- Cong Box v1. Another example of sound interacting with shape generation.
- I dreamt in code… is this normal? better keeping a notepad and pen next to my bed.
- A World Of Creation