Biography and Contact Information
My name is Joseph Alexander Boston. I am a student at Goldsmiths University Studying Creative Computing.
I am always looking for new projects to adapt and bend around my schedule. I like to take on new challenges and new projects!
I have been using and analysing computing systems since 1996 and am still learning more everyday and engaging myself in every field I can. Once stepping into a new project or task I like to dig deep into the project or task and finish it as fast and efficiently as I possibly can and generate the most quality outcome.
No matter who you are or what your needs are I would be glad to meet you! I love to meet as many people as I can so I can form a network with you and you can form a network with me. A business relationship with me will work both ways!
As a organiser or planner I am quite adept. I keep track of exact times of deadlines and scheduled events.
My R&D in any project is always to the point and well thought out. I will always make sure an idea will work before implementing it.
In conclusion, as an employee, project leader, programmer or when working with budget management I believe I could help your company expand, your wallet expand or just help you fulfill your goal. Below is my educational details, previous and current employment. Also please feel free to check my portfolio pages as there are other projects unmentioned on this page.
Sound Knowledge in IT
• 8 years of experience with CPanel and open-source systems.
• 12 years experience in IT related subjects.
• 6 years of Adobe Package Experience.
• 10 years experience with Microsoft Office packages.
• The ability to learn any new software packages on-the-go and pickup programming languages relatively fast.
• An Android Developer and Android Market member.
Teamwork and a Positive Outlook
• Team work is a key part of my current role, which involves working as part of a small team of Technical Support Advisors, as well as working within the larger site team towards the success of the whole store. I generally move around the departments helping them with small problems they may have. The achievement of any task is what keeps me moving on with my work.
A Commitment to Success
• I work until a solution is found.
• I make sure any other party is happy with the results given.
• Enthusiastic participation in professional development and ongoing workplace learning.
Excellent skills in Business
• Specialist skills in Customer Support.
• I have a good understanding of business productivity and output and am an active learner in all business areas.
• Good understanding of the importance of internal relationship management within the project environment.
- Previous Employment and Projects
TESCO’ Technical Support Team [PT] August 2009 – Present
• Explaining the advantages and disadvantages of hundreds of different Electrical Products.
• Simplifying advanced computing principles for explanation to customers.
• Keeping the products visually pleasing.
• Assisting customers with their technical problems making sure they are happy with the results.
• Keeping sales high, lowering returns, lowering number of impulse buyers, creating long term customer relations.
Self Employed [PT] Sept 2004 – Present
Small Business Solutions, PC Repairs, IT Training and Web Support
• Teaching others in the use of computers.
• Repairing Local Computers
• Setup Websites for family, friends and local businesses.
• Worked on deadlines to produce finished results.
• Setup Networks for small businesses
Eltham Back Pain Centre [PT] Sept 2008 – Jan 2009
Web Development and E-commerce Solutions
• Created visually pleasing websites for them.
• Increased their Google page rankings and daily hits
• Making sure they can be found locally via search engines.
Zenos Academy [FT] Sept 2008 – Feb 2009
Trainee IT Support (emulated work environment)
• Qualified for my MCDST
• Qualified for my compTIA A+
• Gained a C&G level 4 qualification
• Worked as a team to produce positive results.
Christmas Magic Ltd. [FT] July-September 2008
• Moving Big Batches of Stock.
• Labelling Batches.
• Counting Stock.
• Packaging Stock
Christmas Magic Ltd. [PT] Sept 2007 – Jan 2008
• Face-to face customer support
• Handling money
• Basic Store Refurbishment
Goldsmiths University of London
London, New Cross. Sep ‘09 – Present
Zenos Academy London
Latimer Road Sep ‘08 – Feb ‘09
CTK Sixth Form College
London Lewisham Sep ’06 – July ‘08
• Computing Foundation Degree (FD)
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• compTIA A+ Essentials – PC Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Terminology, Networking.
• Level 3 NVQ in IT Professionals and Practitioners – City and Guilds
• Level 3 Advanced Diploma for IT Professionals – City and Guilds
• Advanced Apprenticeship in IT Services & Development – E-skills UK
• GNVQ Qualifications – Graphics and desktop publishing, Presenting Information, Communicating with Multimedia, Design Projects, Handling Information, Information with Communication Technology.
• GCSE Qualifications (A-C) – Double Award: Science, Graphic Products, Art and Design, English, English Literature, Mathematics.
• AS and A-Level Qualifications – Business Studies AS, Art and Design A2, Product Design A2.
I am available 7 days a week via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact me with any Project enquiries or queries you may have.